Merry Maids Careers
Full-Time House Cleaner -No Evenings, Weekends or Holidays!
At Merry Maids we do more than clean houses. We make a difference to our clients. A job with Merry Maids offers freedom, flexibility, competitive pay, days only, no weekends and no holidays. If you enjoy working as part of a team, staying active and having quality interactions with customers and co-workers, then Merry Maids wants you!
WE ARE LOOKING FOR FULL-TIME HOUSE CLEANERS TO JOIN OUR TEAM. THE DETAILS ARE BELOW:
- Prepare cleaning products for the day
- Load products and equipment into vehicle
- Use cleaning products and procedures to Merry Maids specifications
- Vacuum then wash all hard surface floors on hands and knees
- Clean and dust, including all hanging light fixtures, baseboards, and window sills each visit
- Move all reasonably portable furniture in rooms to clean under and behind
- Perform customer service and quality control
- Resolve customer issues before leaving the home
- Operate a personal motor vehicle to transport team members, materials, and cleaning supplies to each home
Why you should work for Merry Maids of Ottawa
- Competitive compensation package, make up to $17/hour
- Monthly bonus based on customer satisfaction
- Paid mileage
- Health benefits
- Direct deposit weekly pay cheques
- Fast track promotions, we hire within!
- A professional, caring and fun culture
- We always put our team members and customers first!
- No evenings, weekends, or holidays
- Must be able to communicate with customers and co-workers effectively in English
- Valid Driver's Licence
- Daily access to a vehicle (an asset)
- Must be bondable
- Strong references
- Ability to work a physically demanding position
- Available Monday to Friday (35+ hours per week)
- Strong sense of customer service
- A GREAT attitude
Who we are
Since 1991, Merry Maids of Ottawa has been locally owned and operated by Stephanie and Jason Applejohn. They reside in Ottawa, and are second-generation owners. We are an award-winning residential house cleaning company that proudly serves customers in downtown Ottawa and surrounding areas.
We have recently won the company's award - the Dallen Peterson Award of Distinction (2016) which recognizes the top 20 Merry Maids franchises in North America who exemplify excellence in leadership, customer satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
Proud Community Partner
We strongly value our relationship with our community. We enhance our community through sponsorship, partnerships, and community engagement. While we happily provide free cleanings to those who undergo cancer treatment, we also sponsor Refuse2Lose Team Bryce - a fantastic group of volunteers that gives back to children with cancer by supporting the Candlelighters Suite Seats program.
We attribute our success to our unique workplace culture that is built on teamwork and respect for our amazing team members. Our culture is where we set ourselves apart from our competition.Below are some examples of how we do things differently:
- We celebrate team member milestones
- We celebrate successes with delicious breakfast parties
- We regularly treat our team members to pizza lunches and popcorn snacks
- We celebrate holidays like Thanksgiving with pies and treats for the team
- We value all our team members' opinions and feedback
- Being promoted and making more money has to do with your attitude and performance not by how long you have worked here
- We try our best, make mistakes, tell the truth, never give up, always forgive, laugh a lot and we have fun!
- We are committed to the environment (we use green products and equipment), the local community (we are involved in charity work) and our team members' success at work and at home.